Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

JS Fiddle

I found a pretty neat site a while ago, and I thought I would write to share it.  It's called JS Fiddle.  http://jsfiddle.net/  Part of my job for the last several years has involved a lot of web programming, and web programming has gradually grown to include more and more javascript.  If you have ever programmed in javascript, you know it can be a frustrating and time consuming proposition.  I'm always looking for things that can make me more productive and less frustrated when I have to write JavaScript.
JS Fiddle doesn't necessarily make it easier to code in JavaScript, but it does make it very convenient to test small examples and figure out what you really want to do before you do it on a larger scale.  It has a portion of the screen dedicated to HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and one to output.  You can make all the changes that you want to the source sections, and then render it in the output section.  It's wonderful!  On top of that, it allows you to pick certain JavaScript libraries like jQuery and some others.  You can even choose certain versions of your JavaScript libraries.  This is wonderful for testing and learning.  I strongly encourage you to take a look and give it a try.

No comments: