Tonight I went and saw the Bourne Supremacy with a couple of friends. The Bourne Identity had been one of my favorite movies in the last several years, so my hopes for this film were incredibly high. Also, I have never read the books, so I'm not sure how faithful either of the movies have been to the plot. However, from a purely theatrical standpoint, I was fairly impressed by the latest film in the Bourne series. The acting was fairly good. Matt Damon was very impressive as Jason Bourne and was well supported by many actors, some of whom returned from the first film. The plot is incredible. It took me quite a while to figure out exactly who did what and where it was going to end. On the other hand, the car chases which I loved in the first movie were filmed much differently in this movie. It seemed as if the camera was not on a fixed platform, with the camera moving in random directions and seemingly having a hard time keeping track of what it was shooting. I understand that they would like to have the perception of a bumpy car chase, but it was very overdone. It seemed to have similar problems in some of the fight scenes, which were also very enjoyable in the first film with clean, deliberate motions that you would expect from someone as well trained as Bourne. Definitely worth seeing if you liked the first one, but the jury is still out for me on owning it when it comes to video. I probably will, though, just so that I can have the whole series.
No comments:
Post a Comment